There are several reasons for birth parents to give up their child/ children. For them it is the hardest decision of their lives. But only for those who really care about their children. After the birth parents have given up their rights according to Georgia Adoption Laws; the children are left either in the care of the adopted parents or they have to wait in the foster care system.
Which Kinds Of Foster Care System Are Best For Children?
There are many kinds of foster care home and systems in which the child can be adjusted. This task is up to the court to decide for the child. The main reason for children to be placed in one of the following foster homes is to provide temporary safety and shelter.
Normal Foster Care
This is the most common of all foster care systems. A loving and caring couple or even a single person is in charge of this home. The Foster parent provides the child with a temporary place to live until the child is adopted by someone or is able to return home. In many cases the child is granted by the court permanent permission to stay.
Foster Care Provided By Relatives
Before the child is adopted by someone else he/ she can be given into the care of the relatives. This is also a temporary replacement but there is a clause in this which can be good for the child. The relatives can apply for the adoption of the child.
Foster System That Adopts
This is a very special foster care home in which the ultimate goal of the person-in-charge of the home is to adopt the child. The establishment must assure the county department that they have the resources and they abide by all Georgia Adoption Laws.
Medical Needs Foster Care
This is another special foster care is in which the child is given certain care that is associated with medical care. This can range from general medical conditions to extreme and severe ones.
What Is The Aim And Goal Of Foster Care System?
There are several children all over the US who are the victim of abuse; so they can’t remain in their homes. Many others are being suffered from neglect. For them the foster care system has been created.
System Fulfills Responsibility Through Georgia Adoption Laws
There are some strategies that the foster care system has devised with the help of adoption attorneys like Tom Tebeau to make sure the child is provided by the temporary care and love that the child always wanted.
- The social security workers, the child, parents and extended family sit together and deiced whether the child is under threat or not. This is done to make sure that no false accusations are against the parents.
- If it is confirmed that the child is not treated well; then he/ she is placed in foster care. After that it is the responsibility of the system to place the child with the right people.
- A proper system must fulfil some foster care requirements and do that they have to know the adoption laws. These homes and systems must never leave out any single law related to adoption and foster care.
- The foster care system involves a whole team of experts and professionals who work together to make it successful. Training them as well as the parents are important so that they can take care of their child after having them back.
- A foster care system becomes popular when it is connected with the society. It will never gather suspicions because everyone in the community can visit and know about it.
- Adoption is a very tough decision and it mostly affects the child who is being adopted. The child can have mixed emotions; anger can be the dominant one. As soon as the child goes into foster care; he/ she are counselled to better cope with adoption.
Benefits To The Child
People have spread so many misconceptions about a foster care system that now it is avoided. But you will find people who have been in this system and they have written their experiences; which are all positive.
The Mind Develops In Stability
It has been observed that the children who have grown up in the streets have faced mental instability all their lives; just because either they didn’t want to be a part of the foster care system or no one accepted them. On the contrary; the children in foster care have mental stability.
Opportunities Of Socializing
At times the children are not allowed to interact with other children by their parents. But in the foster care homes; they are given full access to society and opportunity to socialize with others.
Good education To The Child
According to the Georgia Adoption Laws it is the duty of the system to provide the child with good quality education. The children in the foster care system are provided by basic education so that they could become successful in the future.