The construction industry is growing rapidly, and there is a constant demand for projects. In addition, the construction projects must be completed within the stipulated time. Hence, there is a great deal of demand for scaffolding services. Well, scaffolding is a vital part of the construction industry, which helps make life easier for several construction workers. After all, it allows them to work from great heights and gain access to high-rise buildings.
So, if you have to deliver a timely project, you must look for scaffolding hire services that offer a life-saving and valuable structure like scaffolds. Apart from providing safety to the construction workers, there are several benefits. You can read this article further and learn about them. Before that, you can get to know the different types of scaffolding.
What are the types of scaffolding?
Scaffolding is a temporary structure constructed of aluminium alloy or steel tubes. Some scaffolding types include single scaffolding, double scaffolding, and patented or ladder scaffolding. You can continue reading to know more about them.
- Single scaffolding: Single scaffolding is also called bricklayer scaffolding. It is utilised for brick masonry and comprises putlogs, ledgers, and standards. The distance between the wall and the standards is approximately 2.5 metres. At vertical intervals of about 1.5 metres, the standards are connected to the ledgers, whereas putlogs are positioned at an interval of about 1.2 to 1.5 metres.
- Double scaffolding: Double scaffolding is also known as mason’s scaffolding and is utilised for stone masonry. It is difficult to create holes in the stone walls to support putlogs. Hence, two rows of scaffolds are built to be strong. The first row of the scaffolds is about 30 centimetres away from the stone wall, and the second row is 1 metre away from the scaffold’s first row. After constructing the rows, the putlogs are positioned to support them. They are made strong with the help of cross braces and rakers. It is also known as independent scaffolding.
- Patented or ladder scaffolding: Patented or ladder scaffolding is created from steel and equipped with frames, special couplings, etc. These are attainable in the market in readymade form. In this scaffolding, the working platform can be adjusted to the required level.
What are the benefits of scaffolding?
Scaffolding helps construction workers to manage different needs like window cleaning, repairing objects, access to high objects, etc. So, read on and get to know more benefits.
- It ensures safety: There is a risk of working in high-rise buildings or heights on many construction sites. Scaffolds allow workers to carry out tasks at a considerable height and in a secure and safe setting. You can ensure that they protect the worker’s health immensely. In addition, the safety appliances like fencing and barrier netting provide safety to the rest of the workers below the scaffolds.
- It is easy to access: Scaffolds offer construction workers safe access to different parts of the buildings. Generally, workers struggle to gain access to high-rise buildings. Hence, using the scaffold platforms allows them easy access to unreachable areas. Apart from being easy to construct, they are flexible and don’t hinder road access. You can put them within the building’s or construction site’s perimetres. As a result, pedestrians gain access to move around freely on the pavements beneath them.
- It is efficient: Since construction workers attain peace of mind while working on the scaffolds, they efficiently carry out their responsibilities and duties. Their productivity is improved, and they complete the construction projects on time without any hassle.
You can meet the requirements and needs of your construction project by choosing scaffolding hire services. You can consult the industry experts and gain advice on the various solutions, such as the type of scaffold necessary for your construction project. Indeed, buying this piece of equipment will benefit your project tremendously.